Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Child playing with lighter cause of northwest apartment fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/20/2013 5:42 pm
LAS VEGAS (KSNV -- A young child playing with a lighter in a bedroom started a mattress fire Friday evening in an apartment in the northwest part of the valley, according to Las Vegas firefighters.

At least one adult and two children were displaced because of the fire at Town Center Apartments at 9145 Echelon Point Drive.

Fire dispatchers received several reports of thick, black smoke coming out of an upstairs apartment.

When firefighters arrived, they saw heavy flames coming out of the window. They were told that all occupants were out of the residence and it took just a few minutes for them to get the fire under control in the wood and stucco eight-unit dwelling.

No other apartments were damaged. The damage was estimated at $50,000 as the apartment sustained significant damage. The fire was ruled accidental.


Popular Right Now:
5-year-old Jerry Tarkanian suffers stroke

Updated: 4/17/2015 10:17:30 AM

Jerry Tarkanian, 5 (Courtesy Photo)


All content © Copyright 2015 Sinclair Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.