LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) -- Investigators are still trying to piece together what caused the Christmas day fire that claimed the lives of a young married couple.
The fire started early Tuesday morning at a mobile home park off Boulder Highway near Sahara.
One neighbor just wishes he could have done more.
Bob Edgar lives across the street and says he did all he could to try and save his neighbors.
“So I took a shovel and I went through,” he said. “I just manpowered myself a hole through that wall.”
But the thick smoke knocked Edgar to the ground. Once firefighters got inside, it was too late.
The fire started underneath the trailer and spread into the bedroom where the couple was sleeping.
Investigators don't yet know what caused the fire but shared two theories with Edgar: a space heater or a cigarette.