LAS VEGAS (KSNV & MyNews3) -- We have an update on two local restaurants where hundreds of diners and employees got sick from food poisoning.
A senior disease investigator shared the findings during a board meeting today for the Southern Nevada Health District.
At the Firefly, 334 people from 29 states got sick from a salmonella outbreak.
The district is working with management at its new location to make sure workers practice safe food handling.
At the other restaurant, Buca di Beppo, 46 people became ill from norovirus.
Workers are being taught how to disinfect areas to prevent the virus.
It is believed the virus stemmed from areas not properly disinfected after two people got sick and threw up.