NORTH LAS VEGAS -- The City of North Las Vegas Fire Department has responded to three fires within the last 24 hours.
The first fire was located at 1216 Bluff Court at 2:13 p.m. on November 18, 2013. The first units arrived at 2:20 p.m. The house was a single story, single family dwelling.
Firefighters found smoke billowing from the attic and roof. After entering the home firefighters found a mattress that was in a smoldering state, no significant fire to report.
Firefighters controlled the incident in approximately six minutes of their arrival. The house was determined to be vacant. There were no injuries to report. The incident continues to be under investigation and cost estimate for damages is $10,000.
The second fire was located at 1214 Cobble Lake at 3:15 a.m., and it involved a dryer in a home.
Firefighters found a single story, single family home with smoke and flames showing upon their arrival. The first units arrived at 3:22 p.m. Once firefighters gained entry the fire was contained to the room of origin and a hallway. The house suffered fire and smoke damage.
There was one occupant in the house at the time of the incident, who was treated on scene for possible smoke inhalation. The cost estimate of the damages is $25,000. The fire is considered accidental. No other injuries to report.
The third fire was located in at 6317 Sterling Cap Street, a two-story, single family dwelling at approximately 11:42 a.m. this morning.
The first units arrived at 11:47 a.m. Units reported light, non-pressurized smoke coming from the house. The occupant of the home was already evacuated from the house upon the arrival of firefighters
Once inside the structure heavy smoke and flames were found but firefighters were able to control the fire within 10 minutes of arrival.
The home suffered significant smoke and fire damage. The house is considered a complete loss and the estimate of damages is $200,000. No injuries were reported. The incident remains under investigations.
-- News release