Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Auto body garage fire injures 1, causes $300K in damage

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 5/01 9:35 am
LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) – A fire at an auto body garage injured one employee and caused $300,000 in damage Tuesday night.

According to a release from the Clark County Fire Department, it received many 911 calls for a fire in the 3300 block of Pinks Place, off Polaris Avenue and south of Desert Inn Road.

Eleven units and 29 personnel responded to the single-alarm incident.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the shop/garage area. The actions of firefighters prevented the fire from spreading to the office portion of the building and adjacent businesses.

The employee received minor injuries and was not transported to the hospital.

Fire Investigators believe the fire started in a vehicle by welding and that it rapidly spread through the garage.


All content © Copyright 2015 Sinclair Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at ml-lasvegas-ksnv-comments-&

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.