Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Bucs, Nicks part ways

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/25/2014 3:00 pm

Tampa, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and guard Carl Nicks mutually agreed to part ways on Friday.

Nicks signed a five-year, $47.5 million contract with the Bucs in March 2012. The deal included $31 million guaranteed.

"I'd like to thank the Buccaneers organization for working with me as I have attempted to get myself back on the football field," Nicks said in a statement. "However, after careful consideration, I have made the decision to step away from the game. This was by no means an easy decision, but I believe that it is what is best for me and my family as well as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."

A Pro Bowl selection in 2010 and 2011 while with New Orleans, Nicks played in just nine games with the Bucs over the past two seasons.

"I know this has been a difficult time for Carl and his family, but we respect his decision and thank him for his effort in trying to get back on the football field," Bucs general manager Jason Licht said in a statement. "Carl is a very prideful athlete and has been an elite level guard in the league. We are all disappointed that he will not be a part of this new chapter of Buccaneers football."

The 29-year-old Nicks missed the final nine games of the 2012 campaign with a toe injury that led to a MRSA infection. He had been medically cleared for training camp before both sides made the decision to move on.

Share




Slideshows

The final billing on the marquee of the Riviera Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas in the last hour before its closing, on Monday, May 4, 2015. (Las Vegas News Bureau/Mark Damon, Las Vegas News Bureau/Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority)

Riviera History

37 Photos - Updated 5/04 5:14 pm

Historical venue to performances by Liberace, Elvis Presley and Dolly Parton, will close its doors on May 4.




Popular Right Now:
Missing "Crazy Girls" truck found

Updated: 5/5/2015 12:02:50 PM

Items belong to the 'Crazy Girls' show that is moving from the Riviera to Planet Hollywood that had gone missing were found Tuesday morning.  (Kelsey Thomas)

Poll


All content © Copyright 2015 Sinclair Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.