Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Family treated for smoke, displaced by morning apartment fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 5/11/2014 2:52 pm
LAS VEGAS (KSNV -- A family of three were displaced this morning when their apartment caught fire.

Clark County Deputy Fire Chief John Steinbeck said the fire happened about 9 a.m. in the 2800 block of S. Decatur Boulevard near Desert Inn.

The fire started in a bedroom and spread to another room, Steinbeck said. It caused significant smoke damage. No other apartments were damaged.

The cause of the fire was a child playing with a cigarette lighter which caught the bed on fire.

Steinbeck said a woman and two children were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and did not have to be taken to a hospital.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.

The fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage.


All content © Copyright 2015 Sinclair Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at ml-lasvegas-ksnv-comments-&

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.