HENDERSON, Nev. – The Henderson Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire Tuesday at 5:50 p.m. in the area of Boulder Hwy and Major Avenue.
The first engine arrived to find smoke showing from the eves of a single story home. Home owners were at home when the fire was discovered. They called 911 and exited the structure.
The initial arriving company officer quickly organized an offensive attack containing and extinguishing the fire to the attic near the area of origin.
Three adults and two children were displaced and assisted by Red Cross. There were no injuries to the occupants, pets, or Fire Personnel.
A COH Building Inspector, Fire Investigator, Police Department, Nevada Energy, and Southwest Gas assisted in securing the home.
The cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring. The total loss is estimated at $20,000.00.
-- News release