Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Kitchen fire injures one at Palazzo resort

(ShardsOfBlue, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic )
(ShardsOfBlue, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic )
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 8/08/2014 1:14 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A fire official says a man was burned but extinguishers quickly doused a flash fire after a gas line malfunctioned at a cafe at the Palazzo resort hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip.

Clark County fire Capt. John Steinbeck says the automatic extinguishing system also shut off the gas supply to the stove after the fire flared about 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Grand Lux Café.

Steinbeck says the injured man was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas with first- and second-degree burns. His name wasn't made public.

Officials say casino and hotel guests weren't affected by the fire.


All content © Copyright 2015 Sinclair Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at ml-lasvegas-ksnv-comments-&

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.