LAS VEGAS –
Stratosphere Tower, reaching an impressive 1,149 feet above the world famous Las Vegas Strip, made history today by welcoming its 40 millionth visitor.
Just after 10:30 a.m., James Kennedy of Birmingham, England, was surprised by Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower vice president & general manager Paul Hobson at the entrance of Stratosphere Tower with balloons, an entourage of Stratosphere team members and cameras.
After informing Kennedy of the major milestone, Hobson presented Kennedy with a Stay & Play Getaway valued at $2,500.
“I am shocked,” said Kennedy. This is Kennedy’s first trip to Las Vegas and his first visit to Stratosphere.
“It is fitting that our official 40 millionth visitor traveled across the ocean to experience the spectacular views from our iconic Tower,” said Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower vice president & general manager Paul Hobson. “Stratosphere Tower is one of the ‘must see’ attractions in Las Vegas. Stratosphere Tower defines our city’s skyline.”
As the 40 millionth visitor to Stratosphere Tower, Kennedy received:
- Two night stay in a Stratosphere Suite for two guests.
- Dinner for two at the award-winning revolving Top of the World Restaurant on Level 106.
- Two tickets to see Frankie Moreno Live at Stratosphere or “Pin Up” starring Playboy’s 2011 Playmate of the Year Claire Sinclair.
- Champagne bottle service in the recently renovated Level 107 Lounge.
- $1,149 in free slot play.
- Limousine service (to/from McCarran airport or local address to Stratosphere).
Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower opened in April 1996 providing visitors with a panoramic view from the tallest freestanding observation tower in the country. The Tower is the tallest structure in Las Vegas, the tallest building West of the Mississippi River and the tallest freestanding observation tower in the country offering an indoor and outdoor experience. – From news release