Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Civil action suits
In the United States a person may file a civil suit against a landlord up to two years after the last violation of a federal law or breach of conciliation agreement delivered by the Secretary of Housing And Urban Development has occurred.
How long will it take?
When a complaint is registered with the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for a violation of federal housing laws the Secretary will confirm the complaint with the person who filed it within ten days.
What is the time limit for filing a complaint
If you feel a landlord has violated any federal laws in dealing with your tenancy or application for tenancy, you have the right to file a complaint with the Secretary of Housing And Urban Development up to one year after the alleged violation occurred.
Who investigates complaints?
If you file a complaint for an alleged violation of a federal law such as the Fair Housing Act, you must report it to the Secretary of Housing And Urban Development.

All content © Copyright 2015 Sinclair Broadcast Group. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at ml-lasvegas-ksnv-comments-&

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.